As a residential trade business owner, you understand the importance of delivering quality work to your clients. However, in today’s digital age, it is just as important to manage your online presence through social media. With more and more of your prospective clients checking your social accounts, it’s crucial to maintain an active and engaging presence to find new work, build trust, and showcase your most recent projects.
Let’s explore some of the benefits to enhance your overall success in the industry:
- Boosting brand awareness: By posting regularly and consistently on social media, you can increase the visibility of your brand and reach a wider audience.
- Engaging with customers: Social media provides a platform for two-way communication between you and your customers, allowing you to build stronger relationships and address any concerns or questions they may have.
- Gathering customer feedback: Social media can also be used to gather customer feedback, reviews and understand their opinions about your services.
- Staying competitive: By using social media to showcase your work, share industry news, and connect with others in your field, you can stay competitive and up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in the industry.
- Attracting new business: Social media can be a powerful tool for finding new work and attracting new clients, especially if you have a strong online presence and positive customer reviews.
Let’s dig a bit deeper.
Maximising your social media presence as a residential trade business owner can bring numerous benefits beyond finding new work and building trust. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your social media.
Post regularly: Consistency is key when it comes to social media. Aim to post at least once a week, but the frequency may vary depending on your business and industry. The more you post, the more you’ll stay on people’s minds and give them a reason to follow you.
What to post: Showcasing your work is a no-brainer, but don’t be afraid to share other content as well. Give your followers a behind-the-scenes look at your business, share industry news, and post testimonials from happy clients.
Tagging: Make sure you tag relevant individuals and businesses in your posts to increase visibility and reach. This could include suppliers, clients, and industry associations. Whenever you post something relevant to someone else, tag them in the post. You can also include locations as well to increase your reach.
Platforms: Consider using a mix of platforms. In addition to Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, there are other social media platforms that you may want to consider using for your residential trade business. These could include:
- Twitter: Twitter is a fast-paced platform where you can share quick updates and industry news. Its audience is typically younger, tech-savvy, and interested in current events.
- YouTube: YouTube is a great platform for sharing video content, such as project walkthroughs and tutorials. Its audience is diverse and includes a wide range of ages and interests.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a visual platform that is perfect for showcasing your portfolio of work. Its audience is primarily women, who are looking for inspiration and ideas for home improvement projects.
In terms of tools to help with creating social posts, here are a few additional suggestions:
- Need design? Try Canva, it’s a free and easy-to-use system that anyone can use. Plus they have templates to help get you started.
- Need some copy to get the ball rolling? Here’s an example of what some post copy could look like: “We’ve just finished our latest project in Manly on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Check out that architrave, what a perfect mitre. And how bout’ that skirting down the stairs butting into the door frame. Thanks to everyone involved!” You should also look at what your competitors are posting for inspiration and a little guidance. Once you’ve written and posted once, it just gets easier and easier.
- Later: Later is a tool that helps you plan, schedule, and publish content to Instagram and other platforms. It also provides analytics to help you track the success of your posts.
By using a combination of these platforms and tools, you can create a comprehensive social media strategy that helps you connect with your target audience, showcase your work, and build trust in your business.
And if you’re a NextMinute customer, let’s work together! We’d love to do a case study with you and help promote your business to a wider audience. Get in touch at email@example.com
With these tips in mind, you’ll be a social media pro in no time and keep your residential trade business competitive.